Saturday, March 03, 2007

Secret Pal 10 questionaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I like natural fibers, especially wool and alpacca. I´m absolutely in love with all NORO yarns! I don´t like synthetic yarns...

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
Nothing! I need a knitting-needle storage-thingie, as a matter of fact

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I´ve knitted since I was 3 years old - 33 year in total. My grandmother taught me. I´m at an advanced level, or at least I like to think so myself.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
No

5. What's your favorite scent?
-

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Not particularly partial to chocolate and candy

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
Nothing much, really. I like gardening!

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
-

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I like all beautiful colors :) I could easily stay away from oranges and browns (although tend to end up with orange somehow anyhow)

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I have a son who´s 4 (but he uses size 7)

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yes! (I´m a rather big girl, btw)

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
ANything really, as long as it turns out as something pretty to look at.

13. What are you knitting right now?
Ohhh, Hanne Falkenberg Ludo children´s jacket (that´s fighting me all the way), jaywalker socks, scarfs and wrist warmers

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
yes

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
circulars. Non plastic!

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
nope

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
I hate UFOs and finish everything I start. My oldest unfinished project right now is a jacket (the LUDO) started in january.

18. What is your favorite holiday?
I´m torn between summer and xmas

19. Is there anything that you collect?
Nope :)

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I have no knitting magazine subscriptions. I´d be happy to get good ideas, really :) Again I love the NORO-yarns, planning to make scarf in a pink variation yarn. And I´d love to try the Noro Blossom, although I have no good ideas what I´d use it for.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Nah, I think I´ve been through most?

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I have a grandmother who knits us enough socks to last a lifetime :) And I knit socks for everyone myself as well. My size is a european 40.

23. When is your birthday?
just passed :)

No comments: